Valuation appointments during lockdown
In this latest phase of #Lockdown we want to do our best to ensure the safety of all involved in any socially distanced face to face interactions we have, both staff and clients.
Whilst we are all limiting contact as much as possible, there will be circumstances where a home will need to be visited. One of these is when carrying out a property valuation.
Before a valuation appointment
Ensuring the health and safety of all is of upmost importance, we are therefore operating a new approach.
Before a property valuation takes place we will call to discuss Covid guidelines and go through the following questions:
- Is anyone currently in the property to be valued self-isolating?
- Have you, or anyone in the property, shown any symptoms of COVID-19; a new continuous cough, high temperature, loss of sense of taste and smell in the past 10 days?
- Is there anyone present in the property who is 1. extremely clinically vulnerable and is shielding 2. high risk; over 70, or has underlying health conditions or is pregnant)
- Is anyone in the household awaiting the outcome of a COVID Test?
- Do you have any concerns about safety, such as agents entering the home?
Pending the answers to the above questions, we will then advise how to proceed with the property valuation.
During the valuation
Occupiers should have opened all internal doors prior to the appointment, shoes should be removed upon entering the property and, after doing so, hands should be sanitised.
All parties present at or attending a viewing or valuation must maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance.